MINUTES OF REGULAR MEETING
March 23, 2017, 7:00 PM
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m., and upon roll call the following members were present: Supervisor Anne Flanigan Bassi, Trustees Olga Gomez Aguilar, Dwayne Douglas, Cindy Wolfson and Amy Zisook.
Also present: Clerk Gail Feiger Brown and videographer John Burrell
There was no comment from the public.
Approval of Minutes
Trustee Wolfson moved, seconded by Trustee Douglas, approval of the Regular Board Meeting Minutes of March 9, 2017. The motion was read and passed unanimously by voice vote.
Approval of Bills
Trustee Douglas moved, seconded by Trustee Zisook, approval of the Bills for the period March 8-March 23, 2017 in the following amounts: $6,617.50 General Assistance Fund, $34,106.49 Town Fund. Voting Aye by Roll Call Vote: Supervisor Bassi, Trustees Aguilar, Douglas, Wolfson and Zisook; voting Nay: none.
- Resolution Proclaiming April as Fair Housing Month Trustee Wolfson moved, seconded by Trustee Zisook, Resolution Proclaiming April as Fair Housing Month. The Resolution was read aloud and passed unanimously by voice vote
- Assessor's Report No report.
- Supervisor's Report Anne Flanigan Bassi
- The Township is joining the Blue Kids Lake County project for Child Abuse Prevention Month in April. The Blue Kids poster will be displayed in the front window and bookmarks with information about child abuse will be available.
- The Township auditor and accountant are scheduled for their reviews at the Township the first and second weeks of May.
- Latino Advisory Committee Report No report.
- Food Insecurity Issues Report Amy Zisook Trustee Zisook, Clerk Brown and volunteers will be packing bags on March 24 for spring break breakfast/ lunch bag program.
- Food Pantry Report Anne Flanigan Bassi
- Thanks to the Hunger Resource Network for their donation of 400 pounds of chicken on Saturday March 18 and to Vic Bassi for receiving them.
- Thanks to District 112 schools for holding food drives for the Pantry. We have already received generous donations from Braeside, Sherwood and Northwood Schools.
- Senior Services Task Force Report No report.
- Lake County Coordinated Transportation Services Committee (LCCTSC) Amy Zisook Trustee Zisook attended the LCCTSC meeting on March 15 where grants and 5310 funding were discussed.
- Community Family Center (CFC) Report No report.
- Human Relations Commission (HRC) Report Clerk Brown attended the HRC meeting on March 23. Everyone is encouraged to attend the Character Counts and Humanitarian Award event on April 19 at Highland Park High School at 7:00 p.m.
- Cemetery Report No report.
- Trustee Zisook attended the organizational meeting of the HP150 Steering Committee, to plan a year-long sesquicentennial celebration for the City of Highland Park in 2019. Supervisor Bassi, Assessor Plouche, Clerk Brown, Trustees Aguilar, Douglas, Wolfson and Zisook have been invited to join the Committee.
With no further business to conduct, Trustee Douglas moved, seconded by Trustee Aguilar that the meeting be adjourned at 7:20 p.m. The motion passed unanimously by voice vote.
Gail Feiger Brown, Moraine Township Clerk